We understand that freshly grown fruits and vegetables are a benefit to the healthy growth and development of children. Each evening, when I take a walk through our community, I see so many harvests going to waste. So, I figured out a way to help us all ;-) I also have a garden and understand that it is difficult at times to eat your entire harvest; therefore, I normally give my excess veggies to my student families. So that we can all do our part, please support us by giving some of your harvest. We will then continue to educate the children on healthy eating and the process of planting and harvesting from a garden.
Healthy Toddlers Care family childcare home is nestled in El Cerrito community and would like your support.
- If you and your family can’t eat all the fruit from your tree no matter how hard you try!
- Your neighbors have politely asked you to stop leaving fruit on their doorstep.
- Your driveway/yard is a mess from all the fallen fruit.
- You are unable to harvest the fruit and need some help.
- You want to share nature’s bounty with those who don’t have access to it.
How the program works:
You Harvest & We Pick Up
- Email me your name and address.
- Then, I will drop off a basket on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month.
- Place veggies/fruit in basket and leave at your front door.
- I will come and pick up the basket in the early morning on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month.
You Pick & Deliver
You can harvest your excess fruit and bring it to the Healthy Toddlers Care on any day from Monday through Friday during our hours of operation (7:30am to 5:30pm).
Give US the OK to Harvest
Let us know a good day and time for us to come to you and harvest.
For the safety of the children, please do not provide veggies or fruits that have been sprayed or fertilized with chemicals.