New Distant Learning Support Services
Healthy Toddlers Care’s is now offering distant learning support services to families who have children that are currently unable to attend school during the temporary school closures.
We understand that most of us don’t have the luxury of staying home and guiding our kids through their daily online activities. And even when we can, do you REALLY know how to help your child with that math homework that needs to be done tonight? Hey, teachers are continually updating their skills, how’s a parent to keep up?
How We Can Help!
Students work together with our onsite teacher’s aids, who serve as their learning support. Our teacher's aid will guide the student through lessons and offline content.
We will develop an online and offline schedule that includes planning, progress tracking, and assessments that will help keep families on track to completion of each students’ goals.
- We will also offer offline work that will reinforce online learning to strengthen content development.
For us to start to prepare for each student learning plan we will need the following ASAP:
- Name of School
- Schools start date
- Access to online account
- Daily expectations
- Weekly assignments
- Zoom schedules
- Please forward all school announcements to keep us in the loop ;-)
Distant learning online Hourly Expectations:
The state requires minimum instructional minutes per grade level for each day. They are:
- Kindergarten: 3 hours per day
- Grades 1-3: 3 hours and 50 minutes per day
- Grades 4-8: 4 hours per day
You should expect that your student will be engaged in either live, virtual instruction, or assigned independent work that will equate to this amount of time per school day, at a minimum.
Distant Learning Schedule:
- Hours: 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
- The support learning will start at 9am to 2pm daily. During these times, students will have snacks and a lunch break.
- From 2pm to 5pm we will provide onsite tutoring and students will have the option to go outdoor to help with onsite gardening and maintaining or turtle exhibit and chicken coop.
What my child will need each day for distance-learning:
- A laptop or tablet
- All tablets and laptops need to have a cover on it.
- A backpack with all schools that includes all supplies that are needed to complete daily assignments.
- We will have back up supplies onsite.
- A packed lunch and snacks. We will also have back up snacks and lunch.
- Part-Time Hours – Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays for $800 a month.
- Part-Time Hours – Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays - $1,000 a month.
- Full-Time Hours – Monday through Friday for $1200 a month.
We will only accommodate four to five students each semester. These students will be separated from our childcare program. They will have a separate learning area and play area/lounge.
Is there financial assistance available?
Please contact us today to enroll.