Healthy Toddlers Care is a family childcare home located near SDSU. Our mission is to provide a program which considers the intellectual, creative, social, emotional and physical development of the whole child while fostering curiosity, confidence and compassion in an academically rich environment that inspires a lifelong commitment to learning. We believe that a safe, stable, healthy and culturally relevant environment is crucial to a child’s growth. Through the cooperative partnership of parents and staff, we provide a model of community that will sustain and enrich our children throughout their lives.
Healthy Toddlers Care is looking for a Childcare Assistant.
Hours may be part-time or full-time, depending on the applicants we select. We have a core group of full-time employees (32-40 hours per week) as well as numerous part-time employees (20-30 hours per week). When full-time positions become available, we try to consider our current part-time employees who are seeking full-time employment.
If you are not willing to consider part-time work, please indicate this in your cover letter, otherwise your application will be considered for any full and part-time opportunities as they become available
Directions to apply:
- Note the job you are applying for in your cover letter.
- Note your availability and preferred part-time/full-time status.
- No phone calls please.
Childcare Assistant (Part time preferred)
The Childcare Assistant is responsible for assisting in supervision and management of Healthy Toddlers Care programs for children between two months and four years of age. The Childcare Assistant reports to the Director.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older and a high school graduate.
- Six-plus units in Early Childhood Development are highly desirable.
- Minimum six months experience working with children in an organized setting.
- Must be available to work between 7:00am - 6:00pm, Monday – Friday.
- Must be highly dependable and punctual.
- Must be able to relate well to both children and adults.
- Ability to provide leadership and stability for program continuity.
- Must have sincere interest in working with children from two months to four years of age.
- Must be willing to work with all age groups
- Willingness to fulfill the job responsibilities in accordance with the program goals.
- Must have a warm and friendly personality, with sensitivity to the needs of a diverse population.
- Physical ability to lift children as needed, change and clean a soiled child, interact and direct play.
- Physical ability to lead and supervise active sports and games with children and perform housekeeping responsibilities.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
- Assist in the planning, supervision and implementation of the daily program under the direction of the Director for up to 14 children.
- Maintain professional attitude and effectively communicate with children and parents.
- Treat children with dignity and respect.
- Supervise the activity areas.
- Criminal record clearance, which includes fingerprinting prior to reporting for work and signing a statement regarding criminal convictions.
- A TB test within seven days after employment.
- Pediatric CPR and Pediatric First Aid certification required within 30 days of hire, unless specified otherwise, from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Own transportation a plus.
- Help with general housekeeping tasks.
- Prepare meals
- Attend all staff meetings and training programs.